Thursday, December 18, 2008

Nightmare~~~Nearly Robbed

Had a real terrible experience earlier. Met my cousin Joey for dinner. Supposed to be a pre birthday celebration - dinner treat for her..since she was having a wisedom toothache, decided to postpone & head to geylang for some porridge to soothe her toothache...
Y we chose geylang, cos we arrange to meet at aunty hse (near paya lebar)...& nearest eating plc for a quick dinner at this 9+pm hr wld be geylang lor....

As usual, we sat down & ordered out food, finished & chit chatting...I usually wld not leave my bag on another seat next to me. Didnt noe y i stupidly left my bag on the stool which is nearest next to me...but i had the instinct i didnt feel safe & somehow was too carried away with our conversation & left the instinct at the back of my mind...
I had noticed this guy who was sitting right behind us. he was lying on the table & tot prolly he is 1 of the staff at the stall resting or something.....didnt bother too much....After awhile, Joey saw the guy walking too closely behind me & bending dwn almost to snatch my bag which I had left very near me..& he just grabbed & ran....
Immd Joey stood up & chase him. I chased too...& screamed..."抢劫!!抢劫!! (means robbery!!)"
I reeaally screamed my lungs out..hoping some passerby wld help...
After a short chase, the robber actually ran pass another coffee shop & thank god...some gd enuff young guys in the coffee shop heard me & gave a chase too...After a 50-100m, these young guys who gave chase manage to snatch my bag back & returned to me....Nothing was lost!!! Damn Heng lor..!!!!

Golly!!! We had nv encountered such experience in my life...Joey & I were horrified....we nv believed this kind of things will happen to us!!! best part... my hp was in my bag & Joey has a habit of not bringing handbag & alwas leaving her hp & wallet on the dining table... we couldnt even use any hp to make police report.....Everything was jus toooo fast for us to react ...Luckily, the coffee shop aunties heard my screams & kept her hp & wallet for her...returned to her when we went back.....Thank god!!!! we got back our stuff & no one was hurt....
We both agreed we will REEAAALLLY AVOID GEYLANG for the longest period....!!! Its just toooo complicated....& rowdy.... Giving 2nd tots, we shld not have chased....If he had lead us to more deserted lanes there wld b no one to help us & w/o our hps by our side....& if he had accomplices....things wld not be the same...we could have our lives endangered.....Sometimes its better to forgo wat u have in your "stolen handbag" to protect your lifes...!!!!

& Never ever leave your handbag on the seat next to you....alwas leave it on ur lap or hug tightly to it!!!!!

No comments: